Preparing and cooking food adhere to company recipes.
Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with other using clear and professional language; answer telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
2. Essential Responsibilities
1. Be able to perform kitchen routine tasks as well as other tasks, which had been assigned by kitchen management personnel.
2. Be able to perform stocker receiver and responsible of quantity and quality of goods upon receiving.
2.1 Ensure received goods met ordered quantity, which noted on purchasing order form and satisfied chef’s quality expectation.
3. Be able to perform sourcing, arranging and storing goods to kitchen warehouse adhere to current kitchen standard operation (if been assigned).
4. Be able to check both quantity and quality of stored goods adhere to food hygiene standards (if been assigned).
4.1 Comparing goods on-hand to amount of goods when receiving and amount of food usage
(On-hand = received – usage) when checking goods quantity.
4.2 Double check on food quality and expiration date of all stored goods, ensure food hygiene standards and food safety are followed of all time.
4.3 Report to on-duty kitchen in-charged when discover food safety and food hygiene standards are being violated.
5. Kitchen cook must follow FIFO (first in first out) at all time.
6. Kitchen cook must strictly follow company recipes.
6.1 Strictly follow company recipes and cooking procedures which are introduced by chef.
6.2 Cooked foods quality must be complied with kitchen operating standards.
6.3 In case cooked food quality is not met kitchen operating standards, cook must inform kitchen in-charge personnel immediately for solving or replacement. Off quality food should not be served to customer at all time.
7. Be able to perform kitchen helper tasks if necessary.
8. Be able to help kitchen in-charge personnel in decorating and checking foods….
8.1 Ensuring cooking counter/plates is maintain and met hygiene standards.
8.2 Ensuring food quantity is enough and food quality is always ready to be served..
9. Follow airport firefighting rules at all time.
10. Be able to provide guidelines and train kitchen helper.
11. Attend internal department meetings, company training sections are compulsory.
12. Be able to perform other task when being assigned by kitchen management personnel.
13. Cook must follow solving problem procedures whenever discrepancies happened.