ASSISTANT BAR MANAGER
I. Job summary:
Supervises daily store / restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction adhere to company mission and vision – “making the guest’s day better”. Maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with other using clear and professional language; answer telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
II. Job specific task:
1. Recommending store / restaurant’s structure and employees’ benefit adhere to company mission and vision to satisfy current daily operation’s needs.
2. Assign report lines to run the shift effectively and efficiently. Supervising and manage assigning work schedule to ensure highest productivity once achieving lostest cost involed.
3. Analysing number of guests, events on daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis in order to have contingency plan on manpower, goods….
4. Menus, design, panels, counter menus, stationary…. need to be approved by Marketting department before implemented in outlets or placing purchase to Purchasing department.
5. Control and manage goods order process in quantity and quality, goods must meet and satisfy operation standards.
6. Control and manage good delivery process upon receiving at store / restaurant. Receiving goods must meet current hygiene standards of Phom Penh hygiene department.
7. Control and manage goods quality and goods’ displace at store / restaurant:
7.1 Ensure preserve condition of good at store / restaurant’s warehouse adheres to current hygiene standards.
7.2 Ensure goods’ quanlity when storing at store / restaurant’s warehouse meet current hygiene standard
7.3 Ensure FIFO standard is maintained.
8. Recommending and seeking for changes to improve process of receiving, storing and displacing goods.
9. Ensure company food’s recipes are followed at store / restaurant.
10. Coordinate with kitchen in order to control and manage food processing procedures. Ensure food processing procedures are monitored and followed adhere to company standard operation procedures.
11. Store / restaurant manager is not allowed to off duty or apply leafts during high capacity of passenger days. In case of urgency, managers need to seek approval from direct management level for specific: Opertion manager approval.
12. Acknowledge customer diets trend; assist with menu planning; always seeking for opportunity to improving service menus to satisfy customers’ needs.
13. Control and manage service sequence included employees service skills; service attitude, speed of service. Ensure condition of operation & service equipments are on top condition. Ensure food hygiene standard procedures are maintained and followed up.
14. Control, monitor and manage cash handling, ensure company cash handling procedures are followed.
15. Followed strictly problems solving procedure adhere to current company standards.
16. Research, create and propose promotion ideas in order to increase sales at managed stores /
17. Research, create and propose ideas of new products which matched with department goals and vision.
18. Control and manage food wastage adhere to company standards.
19. Be responsible and manage operation equipment at stores / restaurants, report with solutions to management team. Coordinate with management & maintenance team during process of maintenance
20. Manage service equipment at stores / restaurants (folks, spoons, knives, napkin…). Propose to operation management team replacements plan when there is a need of buying new operation / service equipments.
21. Develop training plan at store / restaurant, coordinate with Human Resource Department for organizing training glass (when needed), always seeking for training opportunity and develop changes in order to improve employees’ service skills, product knowledge and English on daily basis.
22. Evaluate employees’ performance regularly. Develop training plan and on the job training plans effectively and efficiency in order to have replacements for current management team at store / restaurant.
23. Monitor procedures of food safety, fire fighting and safety at work of stores/ restaurants in the airport.
Ensure all the procedures are followed and maintained properly.
24. Attend to all meetings, training programs of company and store / restaurant.
25. Organising meetings regularly in order to increase store / restaurant productivity by ensuring operation procedures, safety procedures are up to dated to all managed employees. Meetings need to be effective and efficient, focus on finding solutions of remain issues. Follow up steps after meetings need to be followed closely by store / restaurant management team.
26. Handling shift hand-over effectively and efficiency, clarify when unclear. Perform other tasks when being assigned
27. Propose store / restaurant headcounts, salary reviews for all managed employees.
28. Recomend transferring, promoting to all associates who are working under reporting line, to Operation management team. Recommendation must base on facts, figures and associate performance. Recommendation should submit to Operation management team before the evaluation period
29. Recommending disciplinary actions to assistant store manager / store manager when associates / team leaders violating company policies.
29.1 Strictly follow disciplinary action procedure, favorism and unfair treatments is strictly prohibited. Mistake analysing and explaination on mistake must be applied in order to help associate to relize their mistakes for avoiding and not to repeating the same mistakes.
29.2 Warning letters must be given to operation management team for approval before handed to
Humane Resource department for filing.
III. Key competencies:
1. Pay Roll Percentage
1.1 Manager must be following payroll percentage from company and department head by daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
1.2 Manager must be aware of total labor hours is allowed to use per day, week, and month for store/outlet.
1.3 Fluctuation/control daily and weekly schedule for store when needed.
1.4 Balance the number of part timer and full timer if need to create a better control on headcount.
1.5 Manage Annual Leave and Off In Lieu in store to control payroll monthly.
2. Sale Per Man Hour (SPMH)
2.1 Give target sale per hour for each employee on duty in store/outlet.
2.2 Percentage in SPMH is given by Department Head by daily, weekly, monthly.
2.3 Encourage all employees achieve SPMH target for store / restaurant.
3. Outlet Promotion: Manager role must be creating:
3.1 Promotions which are suitable with store structured and target market.
3.2 Promotion need bring up store / restaurant current sale, create selling/attract point
3.3 Purpose of promotion need to be clear. Exp: help to save wastage, cost…
4. Turnover Rate
4.1 Manager must control employee turnover percentage. Turnover percentage is not allowed to exceed 5% per year
4.2 Provide training for our ambassadors in all different area. Providing knowledge and transfer the right information to all staffs
4.3 Inspire ambassadors to understand company vision and mission.
5. Inventory management
5.1 Products inventory must be correct between actual in-hand, sell and record.
5.2 Numbers of opening, purchase-in, sale and closing must be clear.
5.3 Explanation and own responsible is a must if there is any stocks variance within shift.
5.5 Accepting company’s discipline on variance numbers on stock.
5.6 Build up par level for each product
6. Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
7. Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
8. Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
9. Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
10. Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
11. Integrating Departmental Goals - Providing the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
Tel: (855)96 4939255
Email: [email protected]